Here is how you can evaluate a winner from a loser…and one of several formulas I use in creating winning direct mail, email, landing pages, TV, Commercials and more.
In creating successful marketing including copy and offer, I use copywriting formulas such as AIDA and time tested and proven AIDPPC.
Let’s take a look at a formula known as the 4 P’s:
I’ve won 86 awards thanks to these formulas…including the 2017 Best Direct Mail Award for an alternative health product launch Brolico. Let’s use Brolico as an example.
To launch the product, my team and I created a persuasive 20 page magalog [see video brief here on magalogs]. And it follows the 4 P’s formula:
- Promise. The AIDA tells you to start with Attention. But the first P in the 4 P’s formula tells you how: Catch your readers’ attention by promising them a benefit. Call it out in the headline, elaborate on it in the subhead and then expand further in your opening. Showing your readers what’s in it for them is the only surefire way to grab attention.
In the case of Brolico, its promise was all about dramatically improving the prospects immune system.
Here is the cover of the magalog:
- Picture. Help your readers imagine themselves enjoying the benefit or outcome you’ve promised. This approach appeals to your prospects’ emotional triggers. Specifically elaborate on how your product or service will make this benefit a reality.
The magalog format for Brolico allowed us to picture in words and in visuals the benefits.
- Proof. Back up the picture you’ve painted with cold hard facts: Statistics, research studies, charts, graphs, testimonials, third-party reviews, certifications, product photos and product demonstrations.
And for Brolico, we proved with great detail our story…specifics not generalities.
- Push. This is more than just a call to action – it’s also delivering your irresistible offer and illustrating how much value your recipient will receive. Your goal is to link the promised benefit to the enticing picture to the acceptance of the proof…all to result in an action.
Here are two pages of the magalog that present the offer:
And for Brolico, we gave a compelling offer:
- A total Health Turn around in 90 days
- Three free bonus special reports
- As much as 55% discount
- Extra fast response bonus
- Double 100% money back guarantee
Remember this: Prospects will not buy what they don’t understand. In every direct mail piece, landing page, email, TV commercial be sure to educate and inform your reader about the benefits of accepting your offer. Well-structured copy – the result of a well-designed formula – will boost your chances of generating the lead or closing the sale.
So look at your marketing. Where are you falling short in following the 4 P’s formula?
I’d be glad to give you a no-obligation, free critique. Just call me at (310) 212-5727 or email me at email@example.com.