What is your Cart Abandonment rate of your shopping cart?
I bet it’s a lot more than you think. The average rate is 69% based on 200 eCommerce sites. Some of you may see less. Some more.
But it’s too much!
Here are four actions steps to take to increase your profits and not bleed out lost sales.
- Cart Abandonment Email. The average conversion rate of sending an email to prospects who never completed an online transaction is 18%. But you can improve this average.
You should have an email going out within an hour of abandonment. You’ll increase your conversion rate to 20.3%.
If you send it out in 48 hours, your conversion rate would drop to 12.2%.
Here is our recommendation:
- Send email #1 in 1-2 hours
- Send email #2 in 6-7 hours
- Send email #3 12 hours later
For some, a 4-12 part series can be justified by the results.
- Cart Abandonment Retargeting. Have specific retargeting ads specifically addressing the abandonment. Make a series of 4-7 messages.
- Make sure the shopping cart follows the direct marketing rules. For specifics, see my video briefing. About 2 minutes, click here.
What do you think? Email me at email@example.com