Direct Mail Lead Generation Strategy Helps Weather Channel Enjoy Dramatic Growth.
The Marketing Challenge
The Cable television giant The Weather Channel wanted to expand the reach of their advertising by offering small 10-second ad spots to local businesses all over the country.
The Big Question
How do you best reach skeptical small businesses with a new offer not on their radar?
CDMG’s Marketing Strategy:
1. Create and position a sizzling direct response offer to prospects, one that small businesses would
find mouthwatering and irresistible.
2. Create a dynamic direct mail package and landing page that would build ad sales leads-and result in
hundreds of new network advertisers.
3. Utilize persuasive direct response copy and vibrant direct response art that adhere to proven direct
marketing standards to build trust and credibility.
1. We created a powerful offer that was impossible to turn down. For $495, the small business would
get 360 individual ads with voice-over and graphics…all created FREE.
2. We created a direct mail package that outlined the offer with motivating direct response copy.
3. Then we created a direct response landing page, following the rules that have been proven to increase response.
4. On both the direct mail and landing page, a no-obligation “advertiser’s kit” was teased to give interested businesses a way to find.
We created a new stream of leads for The Weather Channel’s ad department to convert and increase the organization’s profitability.