Across America, sales spiked. For my clients, a historic response was experienced.
Online sales hit a historical high on Cyber Monday 2017- the Monday after Thanksgiving.
Here’s a breakdown of sales from the holiday weekend:
From Thanksgiving and Black Friday…
- Thanksgiving Day brought in $2.87 billion.
- Black Friday brought in $5.03 billion.
From Cyber Monday….
- Cyber Monday was the largest U.S. online sales day in history, hitting $6.59 billion in sales, up 16.8% from $5.6 billion in 2016.
- Mobile set a new record with $2 billion in sales on Cyber Monday.
- Smartphones accounted for 37.6% of all retail visits and 21.3% of total revenue from Cyber Monday.
- 3% of sales from Cyber Monday were a result of paid search.
- 3% of sales were a result of organic search.
- Direct traffic drove 25.5% of sales, and email drove 24% of sales on Cyber Monday.
- On average, shoppers spend $335.47, with 75% of their spending towards gifts.
- Older millennials (25-34) spent an average of $419.52.
- 58 million Americans shopped online only.
- 51 million Americans shopped in stores only.
The majority of shoppers on Cyber Monday visit stores only after finding and researching products online. They expect staff to give them additional information or give them a live demo or product experience that can’t be achieved on the internet.
From Amazon alone…
- Amazon processed 5.6 million transactions on Thanksgiving Day….and 7.1 million the following day, on Black Friday.
- Mega-retailer Amazon said that Cyber Monday was the single biggest shopping day worldwide in the history of the company.
- Cyber Monday was also the most significant day of sales ever for small businesses and entrepreneurs who sell their products or services on Amazon.
Incidentally, I now have most of my clients testing Amazon for 2018. Call me if you’d like to discuss this for you.
Bottom line: this year marked a historic shift in online sales. To refine and develop your marketing strategy…and boost response and sales…give me a call at (310) 212-5757 or email Caleb at email@example.com. I’d love to help you out, and I’ll even give you a free consultation of your current strategy and marketing materials.
To read the rest of this week’s articles:
- Toll-Free Numbers: Something New
- FREE Webinar- 28 New and Surprising Trends for Marketing Products and Services in 2018
- Unnecessary Losses: How to Stop Shopping Cart Abandonment (video)
- Direct Mail Success: Follow the Proven 40/40/20 Rule to Get the Profitable Results You Want
- Millennial Job Interview (video)
- Christmas Greeting from Craig Huey (video)