Direct Marketing (DM) involves the science and techniques used in targeting your audience more precisely, while achieving a greater response than advertising alone. There are literally hundreds of check-points we integrate for you, each strategically formulated to invoke improved response. They involve the optimization of core messaging, heading strategy, response copy, page length, site styling, print format, text format optimization, etc. CDMG leverages decades of direct marketing experience and provides each client a comprehensive approach and road map to optimizing your campaign or market re-entry.
Where do you apply Direct Marketing techniques?
Direct marketing can and should be utilized where accountable advertising is needed. When applied correctly, ROI becomes real and tangible. It allows your organization to get more our of your marketing and advertising budget, while providing greater visibility to response metrics and retargeting. We do more than develop leads, we ensure that your pool of prospects is multiplied leveraging proven interest-driving techniques and strategy.
Direct marketing techniques can be leveraged within:
[col-sect id=”” classes=””][column id=”” classes=””]
- 3-Dimentional product
- Websites, Microsites and Landing pages
- Messaging (Copy)
[column id=”” classes=””]
- Online Subscription
Take the DM Test
If you feel you are up to the challenge, here are a few questions that you can answer regarding your marketing materials, email blast, website content, or direct messaging copy.
1. Have you eliminated all references to “we think” or “our company believes”? Remember, your prospects don’t care about what you think, they only care about what they need.
2. Do your materials anticipate and answer your prospect’s questions? Write your copy as if you were face to face with your prospects and anticipating their questions.
3. Do your materials anticipate and answer your prospect’s objections? An objection is often a question. One way to turn a potential negative into an advantage is with a question-and-answer format.
4. Can you relate your product or service to items in the news? Be careful to make sure it is timely and relevant to your product and its benefits.
5. Have you stuck to the facts? Exaggeration can diminish your credibility and hurt your response rate.
6. Is the type large enough to be easily read? Body text should be at least 12-point type, but with our country’s aging population, I recommend nothing less than 13-point type.
7. Have you proven why your product or service is unique? Use credible evidence to convince your customers why they should do business with you instead of your competitors.
8. Have you defined your Unique Selling Proposition at the start, and reinforced it in the middle and at the end? This is what sets you apart—make sure it weaves through your entire message.
9. Are all the benefits of your product or service clearly explained? Show how you will help your prospects solve their problems or enhance their lives.
10. Do your materials position your company as an authority with a solution to your target’s worst problem? Make it clear that you are the obvious resource to meet your prospect’s needs.
Please also see “Why Does CDMG Do Ad Testing for You.“