14. Remarketing and retargeting: Are you missing out on your best leads and prospects?
I just saw the email results… and remarketing and retargeting almost doubled the click through rates.
Every marketer needs to refine and improve. Watch my video here about retargeting it’s about 3 minutes long.
Interested? Email firstname.lastname@example.org or call me at 310-212-5727 so we can discuss your marketing challenge and how to improve your profitability.
13. Business and Big Government–my Neil Cavuto TV video
Our Big Government…is getting bigger. And statistics show that 72% of people think that this fact is the greatest threat to America.
If the government’s shadow is covering us more and more, what are we to do?
Watch my latest appearance on Fox Business to find out.
What’s your biggest fear for America? Email your thoughts to me at email@example.com.
12. Why a Magalog can dramatically boost your response
In direct mail, the most common formats are:
• Envelop mailings
• Postcard mailings
• Self mailers
There are, of course, many other formats including Videologs (click here to see the Videolog video briefing) , catalogs, Bookalogs (see Bookalog video briefing below), three-dimensional (see 3D mail video briefing below) mail and much, much more.
3D Mail Video Briefing
The power of the Magalog
The Magalog is an excellent way to dramatically present your product or service.
It looks like a magazine, feels like a magazine, but it’s not a magazine. It’s a powerful direct response tool to create a breakthrough campaign.
The diversity of the Magalog
I’ve created Magalogs that market a diverse range of products and services, such as business-to-business software, products for human resource directors, reverse mortgages, alternative health products and investment products and services and much more.
A Magalog is an infomercial in print.
For customers, it stands out.
For business-to-business advertising, it gets past the gatekeeper.
For both, you’ll get a powerful response. Cut through the clutter and skepticism.
To watch a brief video that explains and shows examples of Magalogs, see below.
If you need help creating credibility on your website or landing pages, call me at 310-212-5727 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
11. Overcoming objectives and Skepticism
Here is an important video briefing on how to use direct response copy to pull in more orders or leads. It is a checklist that applies to email, landing pages, direct mail and more. Approximately 3 minutes.
[embedplusvideo height=”225″ width=”400″ editlink=”http://bit.ly/1AehjxU” standard=”http://www.youtube.com/v/jyFKH9OLHf4?fs=1″ vars=”ytid=jyFKH9OLHf4&width=400&height=225&start=&stop=&rs=w&hd=0&autoplay=0&react=1&chapters=¬es=” id=”ep4924″ /] 10 deal killers that will cripple and destroy your campaign
10. How to write copy that people believe: the most powerful word to use in your sales copy
If you want to sell more of your products or services, start using the word “because” in your sales copy.
It has surprising selling power when used to tell your prospects why they should buy your product or service. And leaving it out will depress your response.
Why does it work? Because your prospects need a reason to order your product—and they are conditioned to look for that reason after the word “because.”
And what’s amazing is using “because” often works even when the reason that follows isn’t much of a reason at all.
Harvard psychologist Ellen Langer has conducted some fascinating research on this phenomenon that is quite instructive.
As part of her research, Dr. Langer conducted an experiment. She sent plants to a copy machine in a busy graduate school office. Their job: to skip the line so they could make their copies before anyone else.
One of her plants was instructed to say: “I have five pages. May I use the copy machine?” In this case, 65% of the people allowed the plant to skip the line.
However, when the plant added the words, “because I’m in a rush,” a stunning 94% complied with the request.
This makes sense because you’re often willing to make allowances for people in a hurry. But what’s surprising is what happened when Dr. Langer’s plants replaced “because I’m in a rush” with “because I need to make some copies.”
You’d expect that such a poor reason why would get poor results but, remarkably, the plants got virtually the same compliance rate as when they gave a good reason.
In other words, the real power is in the word “because,” not in the reason that follows.
Of course, it’s still a good idea to provide a good reason why someone should buy your products or services, but be sure to include the critical word “because.”
Bottom line: Whenever you’re asking a prospect to do what you want them to—whether in sales copy or in person—make sure you give them a strong reason-why, preceded with the powerful word “because.”
310-212-5727 or email email@example.com.
9. Launching a New Product: Surprising keys to a super multimillion dollar success story
Health Alert today is the American dream come true. But when I first talked to the owners, it truly was only a dream. How did he turn an idea into a multimillion-dollar company?
What was the marketing secrets–the keys to success? Take a look…
Launching a new product
New Product Launch:
An Entrepreneur’s Dream Into Multi-million Dollar Company
Dr. Bruce West called me over 25 years ago. He wanted to share his knowledge of alternative health protocols before the national health movement took off – and make a living at it.
Dr. West’s original goal was to market a newsletter on alternative health to medical professionals and offer them supplements.
Instead, I suggested to market to the 50-plus target group. Dr. West agreed.
So my company, CDMG, created some of the keys to a successful launch. This includes the branding, the positioning, defending the unique selling proposition (USP) and creating a personality. In addition, we developed a powerful offer so the project could begin.
From writing his newsletter on the kitchen table in a rented house, the newsletter grew to one of the largest health newsletters and supplement companies in America.
Having started from nothing, Health Alert currently has about 80,000 paid subscribers (average unit of sale is $68.00), a powerful renewal rate, and recurring income from nutritional supplement sales makes Health Alert among the top three health newsletters in America–a multi-million dollar corporation.
Despite recessions, market crashes, intense competition from large corporations, changing technologies, new media and communication channels, we continue to help build this company into the largest independent alternative health service in America.
And Dr. West now owns the property he once rented… and much more.
For many years now, CDMG has produced a broad array of marketing strategies and tactics to help Health Alert become profitable and grow exponentially. Some of the marketing strategies used include:
1. Envelope mailings
3. Slim Jims
5. Landing Pages
9. Database Marketing
10. Upsell/Cross Sell
12. Renewal Series
14. Banner ads
15. Display ads
Over the years, CDMG has won six gold awards for Best Marketing Campaign of the year (out of our 78 awards) for the campaigns we did for Dr. Bruce West and Health Alert.
Health Alert grew from only a dream into a multi-million dollar reality for Dr. West– all because of our superior marketing and media selection.
I’d love to talk to you about your product or service. Call me at 310-212-5727 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
8. Copy tip: The incredible power of NOW
One of the most highly effective words in the direct marketer’s dictionary is the word “now.”
The word “now” added to your copy can add a supercharged boost to your response rates. The mere addition of that one little three-letter word can convey a subtle immediacy to your copy.
Take a look at the following sentence:
“Subscribe and you’ll receive a FREE bonus.”
Now take a look at this sentence:
“Subscribe now and you’ll get a FREE bonus.”
“Now” gives a sense of immediacy. The fact is, when your prospect is reading your letter or webpage, once he or she puts down the letter or clicks off your webpage, you’re history.
The goal is to get them not only to act, but also to act immediately before something else catches their attention.
Need help in supercharging your response with better copy? Call me at 310-212-5727 or email me at email@example.com.
7. NEW video: Democrats afraid to admit their failures–my latest TV interview
Who’s to blame for Obamacare’s failure?
The White House and those in charge are blaming the Republican governors for the state failures of Obamacare, but what do you do with the fact that the majority of the problems are coming from California, Oregon and Maryland–all states run by Democrats?
Watch my latest TV interview on this subject.
What did you think of the interview? Call me at 310-212-5727 or email me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
6. The amazing power of bullets to increase response
Bullets grab attention and increase readership.
They are perfect and powerful in direct mail, email, video and TV, landing pages and banner ads–in all of your marketing efforts.
Bulleted tease copy lets the reader know what topics will be revealed if they read your advertising and creates an intense desire not to procrastinate.
Let me give you an example.
I created a magalog for one of my clients.
Magalogs are powerful marketing tools,watch my brief video on magalogs here.
The top half of the magalog read in bold, “Top-Secret Information.” The bottom half had 8 bullet items that read:
• Your Banker doesn’t want you to know:How to avoid secret fees and hidden charges!
• Your Furniture Retailer will never give you: A phone number that can save you thousands of dollars!
• Information the IRS keeps to themselves:A Supreme Court ruling that can work in your favor!
• Your Pharmacist won’t tell you: You can get FREE prescription drugs!
• Your Doctor may not know this secret:How to get the latest cutting-edge treatment…FREE!
• Auto Mechanics don’t want you to know:4 auto repair scams that cost consumers hundreds of dollars every year!
• Insurance Agents won’t tell you: You can pay less and get more protection!
• Local Governments hope you don’t know about: Escaping a whole year’s property tax using this secret.
The magalog was a winner and the bullets were an important part of the success.
Teaser bullets create curiosity and arouse powerful interest. They should, like the bullets above, leave the reader’s mouth drooling. Make prospects want to find out the answer.
If I did a critique on your advertising, would I find powerful teaser bullets? Need a critique? Call me at 310-212-5727 or email email@example.com for a free critique.
5. Major marketing blunder: Your website
One of the secrets to increased response is to never use your corporate website for prospect (or even client) marketing.
It’s anti-marketing. It destroys response.
What should you drive them to?
I created a short video, about 2 minutes long, that explains exactly what you need to do. Watch it here.
Please contact me if you would like more, valuable strategies, including what works best to increase sales and leads, at firstname.lastname@example.org
or call me at 310-212-5727.
4. Direct mail video: Introducing the Videolog™
I started the direct marketing business doing direct response TV. And, today, we create TV ads, infomercials and video.
In fact, we create a video for almost every website or landing page that we use.
Through testing, we have also come to learn that your banner ads and email will have an increased response and click-through rate when video content is included in some form.
But now, just imagine…direct mail video; we call it a Videolog.
It’s a direct mail piece that plays a 2-4 minute video! Let me show you more about it.
Excited? You should be.
Test this new, proven direct marketing technique with your business today.
If you want to get started, call me at 310-212-5727 or email me at email@example.com.
3. New launch: more than ½ million new customers: Turning a start-up into a multi-million dollar company
Let me tell you about an incredible, new product launch and what made it successful.
Popular in Japan, Sun Chlorella wanted to break into the U.S. market.
A Japanese entrepreneur, George Higashida could not get the product in U.S. health food stores. And the few that did carry the product did not create sales
So he asked me and my team to create a campaign to:
1. Generate direct sales
2. Open up retail sales
3. Create a loyalty/continuity program for repeat sales
4. Cross-sell other nutritional products
5. Create an accountable system so the client always knew the cost per sale
The challenge was the product was unknown in American and the idea of taking algae pills was not very appealing. So we created a campaign that strategically:
• Branded the company
• Positioned the campaign
• Targeted the audience
• Identified the unique selling proposition (USP)
• Developed a powerful direct response offer
• Used direct response copy-not image art
• Tested, tested, tested-always improving results
The entire project was done so in a way that we could immediately see the cost per sale. The return on investment (ROI) was positive from the start. After the first campaign, we kept testing media and the creative, continuously growing the campaign.
The successful projects we developed were:
1. Direct mail. Both traditional envelope mailings and the Magalog format.
2. Landing pages. Never market to your website – always market to a landing page.
3. Bookalog. This looks like a book, feels like a book, but is a powerful sales piece.
5. Banner ads.
1. Over 600,000 buyers were generated from our marketing.
2. Direct mail buyers being drawn to retail stores opened up retail distribution and stores began promoting the product nationwide.
3. A systematic reordering program was created, including aggressive efforts for automatic shipments.
4. New product promotions were successfully developed – increasing profitability.
This successful product launch, despite intense supplement competition and no public knowledge of the product’s benefits, created a new, multi-million dollar corporation thanks to our direct response marketing strategies.
How can you increase your leads or sales? Call me at 310-212-5727 or email firstname.lastname@example.org for a free critique
2. TheStreet.com-Repositioning an existing product and taking it to a higher level of profitability and growth
TheStreet.com is an investment website-probably the largest in the world.
TheStreet.com saw existing ad revenue drop when the market dropped.
So, Craig Huey and the CDMG team were asked to help increase revenue and growth.
Craig and the team were asked to create a campaign to:
1. Set apart RealMoney.com from The Street.com- Establishing RealMoney.com as a premium service.
2. Re-design the existing home page and internal page to more aggressively up sell and cross sell.
3. Establish new premium products.
CDMG’s goal was to develop a model of up selling and cross selling with direct response copy, graphics and strategy that would ignite a new stream of response, leads and sales.
The Creative Solutions
1. Website redesign. CDMG redesigned TheStreet.com and RealMoney.com to follow direct marketing rules
2. RealMoney.com was positioned as a premium website overcoming the objections of all the free information available on TheStreet.com, CDMG created a perceived value that excited investors to pay for the new premium product, exceeding the client’s expectations by 200%.
3. New product launches. Craig identified The Street’s most popular columnists and topics. They launched four successful premium newsletters, exceeding projections by 350%.
4. Cross selling and up selling. CDMG created for each product:
• Powerful email campaigns using direct response copy
• Money making banner ads for home and internal pages
• A shopping cart strategy using direct marketing principles to lower the abandonment rate
RealMoney.com became the largest premium website in America and TheStreet.com had successful premium products to up-sell and cross-sell.
Badly needed new revenue was generated and highly profitable model developed that would not only bring back, but exceed past profitability.
How can you increase your leads or sales? Call me at 310-212-5727 or email email@example.com to discuss your marketing challenge-some ideas for solutions-and how we can help you.
1. How we launched True Religion Jeans: From a dream to millions
I love turning dreams into reality, taking an entrepreneur and small company and growing it-HUGE!
And that’s what I and my CDMG team did with True Religion Jeans.
It’s a great story of marketing breakthroughs.
You see, True Religion Jeans was unknown when the owner first talked to me.
And what he presented was a huge challenge.
In fact, what I told the founder, surprised him–and shocked my staff. It was how we would create a success. Here is the story…
Email firstname.lastname@example.org or call me at 310-212-5727 to discuss how your company can be the next marketing success.
(Here is the story)