When I got the call from TheStreet.com, they were not sure what to do.
Sales were going down. Competition was increasing.
Plus, TheStreet.com saw existing ad revenue drop when the market dropped.
So, I was asked to help increase their revenue and growth.
After careful analysis, I recommended that they:
- Set apart RealMoney.com from TheStreet.com—Establishing RealMoney.com as a premium service.
- Redesign the existing home page and internal page to more aggressively up-sell and cross-sell.
- Establish new premium products.
With a green light to move forward, the CDMG team began a repositioning of TheStreet.com to a whole new level using the direct marketing model.
Here is briefly what we did:
- Website redesign. CDMG redesigned TheStreet.com and RealMoney.com to follow direct marketing rules.
- com premium service creation. RealMoney.com was positioned as a premium website overcoming the objections of all the free information on TheStreet.com. CDMG created a perceived value that excited investors, exceeding the client’s expectations by 200%.
- New product launches. Craig identified The Street’s most popular columnists and launched four successful premium newsletters, exceeding projections by 350%.
- Cross-selling and up-selling. CDMG created for each product:
- Powerful email campaigns using direct response copy
- Money making banner ads for home and internal pages
- A shopping cart strategy using direct marketing principles to lower the abandonment rate
And the results?
RealMoney.com became one of the largest premium website in America and TheStreet.com now has successful premium products to up-sell and cross-sell.
The company generated badly-needed new revenue. The company also developed a highly profitable model that would not only bring back, but exceed past profitability.
This type of bold initiative is often needed to turn things around … or to bring things to a higher level.
Can I help you in your growth? Call me at (310) 212-5727 or email me at firstname.lastname@example.org