Testing is critical, but it can seem overwhelming to many marketers. It is important that you don’t have to completely overhaul your control piece to create a valuable test.
We ran a simple test on a reference website, where the control page displayed a partial reference entry and ended with a call-to-action to start a free trial to view the full entry.
The test page featured a more prominent call-to-action button and included an email capture field.
Results: Though the test page pulled 30% fewer clicks on the Free Trial button, the net results were an improvement. Take a look:
- 13% more free trials per unique visitor
- 61% more free trials per click-through
- 24% more paid subscriptions per unique visitor
If you would like to discuss your marketing campaign, give me a call at (310) 212-5727 or email Caleb at email@example.com.
Here are the rest of this week’s articles:
- 13 Key Strategies to Creating an Effective, Integrated Multichannel Campaign
- 5 Little-Known Secrets for Using “Floaters” to Dramatically Grow Your Prospect Base and Lift Response
- Copy tip: Don’t go overboard!