Let me tell you about a powerful marketing secret that can drastically boost your responses—it’s your offer.
Most marketers make two big mistakes:
- They give little or no thought to the offer
- They don’t think outside-the-box on the offer
The offer isn’t what you get. It’s what the prospect gets.
In fact, the offer is critical to the success or failure of your campaign.
The offer is usually:
- The price
- The premium
- The guarantee
Let me give you an example of a lead-generation campaign to attract investors.
In a marketing campaign I did with my team to generate investors for a new start-up company, I first created powerful copy and graphics in a magalog (see ____ for a video briefing) form to be able to excite the investors about investing in a private—not public—company under the JOBS Act.
The JOBS Act is a relatively new law which allows companies to raise money privately for the first time in over 80 years. It can be done through 506(c) for accredited investors only – those making 200,000 or more a year or have estates of 1,000,000 or more. Or it can be done under regulation A, which means any investor.
This marketing campaign is for a new, growing company called StarShop, and is a classic example of the best in modern integrated marketing technology:
- The foundation of the campaign is using the most advanced data modeling available, aiming at the target audience – in this case investors.
- All the marketing uses powerful direct response copy and art.
- Emails are created and sent before, during, and after the direct mail piece arrives in the home.
This email was sent to the same names that the magalog was sent to. The email went on to give the benefits of investing.
- Facebook newsfeed ads only to prospects receiving the magalog.
- Facebook newsfeed posts to a look-a-like audience are used to build upon the advanced data of the look-alike direct mail campaign.
- Banner ads are used to serve only the people who are receiving the direct mail piece.
- Retargeting for both Google and Facebook, so that anybody who has visited the landing page is served multiple ads.
- A special direct response landing page is created.
These are all great tactical ways to maximize response and create a winning campaign.
But in this case, I created one more element. For the accredited investor, I wanted to create an offer that was irresistible.
This is one of the little known, key secrets to high response and success.
I wanted prospects to know that not only could they invest with hopes of making money … they could also get key benefits and perks.
- A New Year’s Eve Party in Times Square, New York
- VIP Suites
- After Party at the Grammy Awards Ceremony
- Red Carpet Movie Premieres in Los Angeles and New York
If they invested, they would get these special perks.
Plus, I created a traditional premium offer for leads—special reports with sizzling title and perceived value.
This offer helped increase response over an ordinary offer.
Is your offer in your marketing as strong as it can be? Have you thought outside of the box? How can you create a stronger, more powerful offer?
Offers can be about as much as 30% to 40% of the success of your campaign. Sometimes, your offers can be an extension of your product or service, as was the case of my client StarShop.
Need help in creating a direct mail piece, an integrated multi-media campaign, including an offer? Like a free critique of your current offer? Contact Caleb Huey at (310) 212-5727 or email him at email@example.com