I have created and tested magalogs for Health Alert – an alternative health newsletter – for years.
In fact, the magalog is what helped Health Alert gain massive success and grow into a multimillion dollar corporation.
In one test, we tested three covers:
The cover said “Toxic Time Bomb,” and showed a dramatic photo of a man looking into his medicine cabinet.
The cover identified common medicines in many of our medicine cabinets and discussed some of the dangerous repercussions of taking them. Prospects were motivated to keep reading out of fear that they were damaging their health.
The cover said, “Heart graphs and blood tests don’t lie.” The cover showed a dramatic photo of a physician looking at some important information. The tension in the doctor’s face told a story all its own, and the copy appealed to a very specific audience concerned about their hearts.
Magalog C read, “You Have a 51% Chance of Getting the Wrong Drugs or Medical Treatment.” The spokesperson/physician warned a general audience that they had a better chance of receiving the wrong drug or treatment than the correct one.
Who Was the Winner?
Magalog A was the breakthrough winner, with an 18% higher response than “C” and a 22% higher response than “B.”
If you’d like to talk to me about creating a magalog cover that gets powerful response, give me a call at (310)212-5727 or email Caleb at email@example.com.
Here are the rest of this week’s articles:
- How to Get Amazing Direct Marketing Results with Magalogs: 7 Tips to Make Your Product or Service Stand Out from the Competition
- The Art of Using Subheads & Highlights to Draw Attention & Boost Response
- How to Create a Winning Landing Page [Video]
- Discover 28 Time-Tested, Proven Secrets to Reaching Your Perfect Prospect, Getting a Response and Reaching Your Business Goals – and Get 20% Off My New Book
- Direct Response Copy Tip of the Week: Skip the Warm-Ups