As a marketer, it’s important to understand your prospects by anticipating their needs, objections, and apprehensions.
Often, when a prospect hears of a new product, he’s thinking of a reason NOT to buy it.
Your challenge is to discern their objections to your product and counteract them.
Picture your prospects comparing your product with your competitor’s, and identify what differences would make them want to buy from you.
Also figure out what negatives you see.
Once identified, you’re ready to write what we call preemptive copy. That’s copy that answers your customers’ questions and combats their objections.
First, start by listing their negatives and then come up with positive responses to counter them.
For example …
- I’ve never heard of this company.
- Counterpoint: The new leader in laser technology.
- It costs too much.
- Counterpoint: For a few dollars more, you’ll have superior quality that you can’t find anywhere else.
- Maybe someone else has a better alternative.
- Counterpoint: Only one company brings you industrial-grade quality and 24-hour customer service.
Key point: If you craft copy that addresses your prospects’ objections, you’ll gain credibility and instantly position yourself as an authority on meeting their specific needs.
Write to me at email@example.com or call me at 310-212-5727 to see if we can help craft some powerful preemptive copy for you.