Adjust your copy to your prospect’s/client’s reality during the pandemic. Here are 14 key copy points to consider:
- Address your target boldly. Don’t ignore your target market’s fears, hurts, and distress.
- Use preemptive copy. Thompson Creek Windows’ “Buying a New Window in a Recession….Are you crazy?”
- Recognize fear of the virus.
- Understand the fear of a weakened immune system.
- Sympathize with confusion and conflicting news.
- Business shutdown pain.
- Fear of catching the virus.
- Unemployment: fear of losing salary.
- Stock market crash and volatility.
- Fear of government.
- Fear of uncertainty.
- Retirement at risk.
- Business at risk.
- Future and dreams at risk.
Don’t sound fearful, but sound understanding. Don’t sound depressed, but sound hopeful…communicate a sense of anticipation and gratitude.
Need help in writing copy to update your marketing and landing page? Call me at 615.933.4647, or email me at email@example.com.