Direct mail is full of rules. Follow them and you’ll profit. Break them and you’ll depress response. These rules aren’t arbitrary—they’re based on years of multiple and thorough testing.
Simply put, the 40/40/20 Rule is:
- 40% of your direct mail success depends on choosing the right mailing list.
- Another 40% depends on your offer.
- The final 20% hinges on your creative execution.
This doesn’t mean you can downplay your creative or use mediocre creative—which can cripple or destroy your response rates.
What it means is that you should thoroughly search for the best mailing lists…and there are dozens of factors that most marketers are overlooking or ignoring right now.
And your offer is absolutely critical to closing the sale or generating the lead. But it’s another serious stumbling block for so many marketers.
But these mailing lists are huge. Need help with list selection in creating a more powerful offer…or creative execution? Call me at (310) 212-5727, or email Caleb at email@example.com.
To read the rest of this week’s articles…
- Historic Online Sales Explosion: What You Should Know
- Toll-Free Numbers: Something New
- FREE Webinar- 28 New and Surprising Trends for Marketing Products and Services in 2018
- Unnecessary Losses: How to Stop Shopping Cart Abandonment
- Millennial Job Interview
- Christmas Greeting from Craig Huey