Sometimes what’s old is new.
Now, an innovative new format called retromarketing is helping our clients to generate new leads and powerfully increase response.
One client came to us, looking for a new mailing format. They had tried almost all traditional mailing formats on their profitable marketing campaigns, including bulk mail, bookalogs, magalogs, and hand-written envelopes.
But, multiple mailings to the same names reduces response. So, this client needed something new to command their prospects’ attention and generate new clients.
This client turned to Creative Direct Marketing Group (CDMG) to innovatively boost their response to:
- Increase their subscription base
- Stand out from their competitors
- Cross-Sell additional products
- And bring in (millions) of potential new revenue
The challenge was that this company had struggled to beat their direct mail control that was declining in response. CDMG then created a new, disruptive direct mail format to:
- Cut through the clutter
- Position them as an authority in their field
- Speak directly to the prospects’ most pressing concerns
- Deliver to prospects in a format that is familiar, yet innovative
- Use a format no one else in their vertical market was using
The CDMG team took the client’s old “magalog”, or magazine style format that had been used for years, and turned the copy and art into a mock newspaper.
This advertorial style format conveyed a sense of newsworthiness about the company and its product, demanded potential customers’ attention and most importantly, dramatically increased our client’s sales.
- An increase of 17% in response, generating more customers and a superior ROI
- Huge potential for a massive amount of cross sell revenue
- The most successful year for the company ever, with over 50,000 new customers added because of the new format
The Bottom Line:
Test a new format… like a newsalog.
Here’s an example of a magalog we created for our client Health Alert.
Call us about changing up your format – maybe even a newsalog. The ultimate result is a retro-marketing success.
I have a video briefing on the newsalog. Click here to watch.
If you’re interested in creating a newsalog to boost your response, call us at 310-212-5727…or email firstname.lastname@example.org and let’s talk.
Here are the rest of this week’s articles:
A $350 Million Buyout, Thanks to This Special Marketing Campaign
Copy Tip: Your Headline Must Contain a Benefit to Increase Response
Testing Corner: Little-Known Secrets to Increasing Your Response