TheStreet.com is an investment website best known by its founder Jim Cramer. I got a call from his office and visited them in New York. The goal: to grow, expand and make more money.
My CDMG team and I were asked to create a campaign to:
- Set apart RealMoney.com from The Street.com – Establishing RealMoney.com as a premium service.
- Re-design the existing home page and internal page to more aggressively up-sell and cross-sell.
- Establish new premium products – launch and grow them.
CDMG’s goal was to develop a direct marketing model of up-selling and cross-selling using direct response copy, graphics and strategy that would ignite a new stream of response, leads and sales.
The Creative Solution
So, here is what we did:
- Website redesign. CDMG redesigned TheStreet.com and RealMoney.com to follow direct marketing rules. We turned both sites into new money machines.
- RealMoney.com premium service solutions. RealMoney.com was positioned as a premium website overcoming the objections of all the free information available on TheStreet.com. CDMG created a perceived value that excited investors. Thousands signed up, paying a premium price exceeding the client’s expectations by 200%.
- New product launches. I identified The Street’s most popular columnists and launched four successful premium newsletters, reality more recurring income. We exceeded projections by 350%.
- Cross-selling and up-selling.
CDMG created for each new premium product:
- Powerful email campaigns using direct response copy
- Money making banner ads for home and internal pages
- A new shopping cart strategy using direct marketing principles to lower the abandonment rate
RealMoney.com became the largest premium website in America and TheStreet.com had successful premium products to up-sell and cross-sell. New revenue was generated and highly profitable model developed that would exceed past profitability.
How can you increase your leads or sales?
Call me at (310) 212-5727 or email email@example.com to discuss your marketing challenge – some ideas for solutions – and how we can help you.
Here are the rest of this week’s articles:
- How 3D Direct Mail Blows Past the Gatekeeper and Supercharges Your Results
- Copy Tip: What is your value proposition?
- Testing Corner: Surprising Results for Copy Test