TheStreet.com is an investment website – probably one of the largest in the world.
Despite their success, they saw existing ad revenue drop when the market dropped.
So, they came to my agency for help in increasing revenue and growth.
We were asked to create a campaign to:
1. Set apart RealMoney.com (a subdivision of The Street) from TheStreet.com – establishing RealMoney.com as a premium service.
2. Re-design the existing home page and internal page to more aggressively up-sell and cross-sell.
3. Establish new premium products.
CDMG’s goal was to develop a model of up-selling and cross-selling with direct response copy, graphics and strategy that would ignite a new stream of response, leads and sales.
The Creative Solution
1. Website redesign. CDMG redesigned TheStreet.com and RealMoney.com to follow direct marketing rules.
2. RealMoney.com was positioned as a premium website. Overcoming the objections of all the free information available on TheStreet.com, CDMG created a perceived value that excited investors to pay for the new premium product, exceeding the client’s expectations by 200%.
3. New product launches. We identified The Street’s most popular columnists and topics. They launched four successful premium newsletters, exceeding projections by 350%.
4. Cross-selling and up-selling. For each product, CDMG created:
- Powerful email campaigns using direct response copy
- Money-making banner ads for home and internal pages
- A shopping cart strategy using direct marketing principles to lower the abandonment rate
RealMoney.com became the largest premium website in America and TheStreet.com had successful premium products to up-sell and cross-sell.
Badly needed new revenue was generated and a highly profitable model developed that would not only bring back, but exceed, past profitability.
How can you increase your leads or sales?
Call me at 310-212-5727 or email Caleb at firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss your marketing challenge – some ideas for solutions – and how we can help you.
Here are the rest of this week’s articles:
- Thanksgiving – are you ready to market effectively?
- Testing Corner: Banner ad response explosion – 187% increase
- Copy Tip: Facts or Emotions