We love helping to turn a tough marketing challenge into a profitable campaign.
Over the years, one of the most difficult challenges we’ve overcome is when a company wants to project a certain image, but not sacrifice response.
Let’s look at an example.
The magazine New Perspectives Quarterly wanted to boost its number of subscribers.
However, the promotional style needed simple, and not too slick. We did not want to damage the magazine’s reputation as an intellectual journal for educated readers.
We also needed to work within their base’s demographic makeup, and found that for New Perspectives Quarterly, the traditional, time-tested marketing strategies of direct mail would work best.
The goals of our marketing promotion were…
- Attract more subscribers without compromising New Perspective Quarterly’s
- Establish New Perspective Quarterly as a one-of-a-kind magazine, the only source for intellectual discussion and debates on important issues.
Our strategy was to boost response for New Perspective Quarterly by using proven direct response techniques. To do this, we…
- Created a direct mail piece as the core marketing strategy.
- Emphasized the magazine’s Unique Selling Proposition – namely, that it was “the only publication in America today dedicated to the true debate … read by the nation’s innovative minds” – in the direct mail letter.
- Stressed the fact that the reader could receive a free complimentary preview of New Perspective Quarterly.
- Emphasized the toll free 1-800-number readers could call to subscribe, because response increases when there is an 1-800-number option.
- And used direct response copy and art, without sacrificing the publication’s image.
The results exceeded expectations and brought in hordes of new subscribers.
In fact, New Perspective Quarterly’s Business and Marketing Director praised our team’s work. He wrote: “The package you designed for NPQ did indeed make a difference. We received a higher cross response than we’ve ever seen. Being a high-brow intellectual thought journal, we were afraid of trying a faster-sell, free-offer approach. The package turned out tactful and classy. We’re very pleased with the outcome.”
If you face a similar challenge in your marketing and have yet to balance the brand image you want to uphold while increasing response rates, give us a call. We can help. Give us a call at 615-933-4647 or email Craig at firstname.lastname@example.org