The dirty little secret of TheStreet.com…
TheStreet.com Needed A Product Relaunch:
So CDMG took an existing product to a higher level of profitability and growth.
TheStreet.com is an investment website. TheStreet.com saw existing ad revenue drop when the market dropped. Craig Huey and the CDMG team were asked to help increase revenue and growth. The challenge Craig and the team were asked to create a campaign to:
- Set apart RealMoney. com from The Street. com- Establishing RealMoney.com as a premium service.
- Re-design the existing home page and internal page to more aggressively up-sell and cross-sell.
- Establish new premium products.
CDMG’s goal then became to develop a model of up-selling and cross-selling using direct response copy, graphics and strategy that would ignite a new stream of response, leads and sales.
The Creative Solution
- Website redesign. CDMG redesigned TheStreet.com and RealMoney.com to follow direct marketing rules
- RealMoney.com premium service solutions. RealMoney.com was positioned as a premium website overcoming the objections of all the free information available on TheStreet.com, CDMG created a perceived value that excited investors, exceeding the client’s expectations by 200%.
- New product launches. Craig identified The Street’s most popular columnists and launched four successful premium newsletters, exceeding projections by 350%.
- Cross-selling and up-selling.
CDMG created for each product:
- Powerful email campaigns using direct response copy
- Money making banner ads for home and internal pages
- A shopping cart strategy using direct marketing principles to lower the abandonment rate
RealMoney.com became the largest premium website in America and TheStreet.com had successful premium products to up-sell and cross-sell. Badly needed new revenue was generated and highly profitable model developed that would not only bring back, but exceed past profitability