The best results for direct mail and digital marketing come from targeting your audience with transactional meta-data.
Many new advances have been made in refining data, helping you to do two things with data modeling:
- Increase your response…and profitability.
- Enlarge your prospect universe while eliminating wasted marketing dollars on non-prospects.
Whether used for marketing to consumers or to other businesses, these advances take on many forms. Let me give you an example of how to use transactional data to market to investors:
In the past few years, we’ve been able to increase response in marketing to investors. Advanced transactional meta-data now allows us to determine key variables – such as now knowing how much a prospect has in investable assets, or annual average investment.
- Precise Lookalike. Based upon a customer base, we’re able to create a very precise lookalike audience.
- Direct Mail Responsive. If a direct mail campaign is involved, we can make sure that recipients are direct mail responsive. We only send to people who actually read their mail…and eliminate potential recipients who don’t read their mail.
- Exact Demographics. We can choose age, income, residence, and many other demographic variables.
- Psychographic Targeting. We can choose many physiographic variables, including political worldview and investment preferences.
- Special Targeted Selects. We can identify who has made an investment in the last 6 months or 1 year. We can see who has subscribed to multiple investment newsletters and much more… and we can even identify how much they have invested.
There are other variables we will use when identifying the best investors – or any other market.
For example, we can identify recent investors by looking at their disposable income and investable assets – getting an even better response for our clients.
This data can be used for direct mail to maximize your return on investment.
If you are starting a direct mail campaign, or already using direct mail, this is the way to go.
But it doesn’t stop at direct mail.
We can also use advanced transactional data to obtain emails.
And we can use this data for pre-rolls (see article here) where your short video commercial is shown before a video on YouTube, Fox, CNBC, or other video sites.
It can be used for Facebook.
It can be used for Google, Amazon and other platforms.
And yes, it can be used for any kind of lookalike audience, to identify more prospects that look and behave just like your best customers.
Would you like to discuss your data strategy? You won’t find better experts than my team at InfoMat. Give Caleb a call at (615) 490-8823.
Here are the rest of this week’s articles:
Post Office Bankruptcy Ahead: Postage Increase, Historic Loss and 12 Facts You Should Know
Copy Blunder to Avoid – Short Copy Kills Response
Testing Corner: Long, Copy-Heavy Emails Win Over HTML Emails