Where $161.5 Billion is Going
The advertising industry saw a historic boom in 2021.
2022 is expected to be better.
The advertising industry is seeing this boom on both the national level and local level.
Local includes for example:
- The overall local U.S. advertising market is expected to reach $161.5 billion – a 10.1 percent YoY growth.
Here is how it is broken down:
- $84.6 billion will be traditional media – direct mail, TV, and Radio.
- Digital media will be $76.8 billion. Google and Facebook will control over half of the spending. Google is $26.8 billion, Facebook $14.3 billion.
- $7.5 billion will be political advertising for the 2022 election cycle.
- Direct mail is expected to grow at a 20.7% rate in 2021.
Here is how it is broken down by media strategies:
- Mobile: $34 billion. That’s 21% of total spend.
- Direct Mail: $33.4 billion.
A rise in local radio advertising revenue in 2022 and is expected to generate $12.7 billion split between over-the-air ($11 billion) and digital ($1.7 billion).
Local television in 2022 will rise to $19.3 billion in OTA advertising, and $1.7 billion in digital; a sign of a strong $21 billion industry that delivers its audience for political campaigners.
The forecast covers all media, offering a comprehensive and authoritative view of all “local” advertising spent by national and regional companies, as well as small and medium-sized businesses.
Email me at firstname.lastname@example.org and share your thoughts.