Christmas season saw a huge boost in sales in 2017—up nearly 15% from the previous year.
Some of the major trends included: mobile shopping and shopping on “Cyber Monday” – which brought in higher sales than Black Friday this year.
Here is a breakdown of sales during Thanksgiving-Christmas:
- $108.2 billion worth of merchandise was purchased online during the holiday season.
- $19.6 billion was brought in over “Cyber Weekend” (Thanksgiving-Cyber Monday).
- $5 billion worth of goods was purchased on Black Friday.
- $6.6 billion was spent shopping online during Cyber Monday.
- $35.9 billion was spent shopping on mobile phones, for a total of 35% of online revenue.
Mobile advertising drove 52% of online store visits and 36% of total revenue during Christmas season.
If you would like to discuss your marketing campaigns or strategy, give me a call at (310)212-5727 or email Caleb at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Here are the rest of this week’s articles: