When writing copy for your direct marketing campaign, you only have a few minutes or even a few seconds to grab the attention of your prospects.
That’s why you must choose your words carefully.
Online or print, words have a powerful impact.
As your prospects read, the copy must continue to arouse their interest. Avoid anemic copy and generalities. For example, do not say or indicate that:
- Maybe your product will work.
- Eventually they should purchase your product.
- Perhaps they should consider using your product.
You need to hit them hard and to the point with hot words that express urgency and action, such as ….
- Don’t delay – pain relief can be yours now. Call within the next 2 days and you’ll also receive a free gift.
- Let me tell you about the secret Fed move that could cause gold to make you a fortune.
- Introducing the newest breakthrough in…
You need to sound confident in what you are selling, while at the same time creating an alarming effect with carefully chosen words.
Hot words I like to include:
- At last
Need copy help? Call me at (310)212-5727 or email Caleb at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Here are the rest of this week’s articles…
- New Launch: More than ½ Million New Customers-Turning a Start-up into a Multi-Million Dollar Company
- Tripling Your Sales: Email/Web One-Two Punch
- Testing Corner: Subject Lines for Your “Follow Up” Email