Let me tell you about an incredible new product launch and what made it successful.
Sun Chlorella is supplement created by entrepreneur George Higashida.
George had great success in Japan…but wanted to introduce Sun Chlorella to the U.S.
The trouble was that George could not seem to break into the market. Very few health food stores agreed to carry the product, and the few that did weren’t generating sales.
So, George asked my team and me to create a campaign to:
- Generate sales
- Open up retail sales
- Create a loyalty/continuity program for repeat sales
- Cross-sell other nutritional products
- Create an accountable system so the client always knew the cost per sale
The challenge was that the product was unknown in America … and the idea of taking algae pills was not very appealing.
So, we created a campaign that strategically:
- Branded the company
- Positioned the campaign for maximum response
- Targeted the right audience
- Identified the unique selling proposition (USP)
- Developed a powerful direct response offer
- Used direct response copy—not image art
- Tested, tested, tested—always improving results
The campaign was designed so that we could immediately see the cost per sale. The return on investment (ROI) was positive from the start. After the first campaign, we kept testing media and the creative process, continuously growing the campaign.
The successful campaign elements we created included:
- Direct mail – both tradition envelope mailings and the Magalog format
- A targeted landing page – Always drive traffic to a targeted landing page, rather than your corporate site
- Bookalog – this medium looks like a book and feels like a book, but is actually a powerful selling piece
- Banner ads
- Over 600,000 buyers were generated from our marketing.
- Direct mail buyers being drawn to retail stores opened up retail distribution and stores began promoting the product nationwide.
- A systematic reordering program was created, including aggressive efforts for automatic shipments.
- New product promotions were successfully developed, increasing profitability.
This successful product launch, despite intense supplement competition, created a new multi-million dollar-corporation, thanks to our direct marketing strategies.
How can you increase your leads and sales? Call me at (310) 212-5727 or email Caleb at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Here are the rest of this week’s articles…
- Tripling Your Sales: Email/Web One-Two Punch
- Direct Response Copy Tip: Use Hot Words to Lift Response
- Testing Corner: Subject Lines for Your “Follow Up” Email