Integrated, multichannel marketing can help you have a breakthrough in generating leads and sales.
For example, some of my clients are investment newsletter writers, who must reach a very specific audience with their offer and know how to get prospects to say YES to an expensive yearlong subscription.
Direct mail – integrated with digital ads and other marketing assets – is a highly effective way to reach this audience ….and get a great response.
In fact, my marketing agency, Creative Direct Marketing Group, recently won our 90th industry award for an integrated campaign for Strategic Investing newsletter.
For this campaign, I used proven direct response strategies to generate new leads and get a great response to Strategic Investing’s subscription-based service.
Here’s what I did in the integrated, multichannel campaign:
- Identified the USP (Unique Selling Proposition) of the offer
- Chose the best mailing lists by using Advanced Data Modeling (ADM) that produced a transactional data look-alike audience
- Created a powerful direct response magalog – similar to a magazine – to persuade prospects (see here for video brief on magalogs)
- Sent digital components to the direct mail recipients – including email, banner ads, and Facebook ads
- Developed digital look-alike campaigns, based upon the advanced data modeling
- Deployed pre-roll commercials on YouTube to those receiving the direct mail – and a look-alike campaign
For Strategic Investing newsletter, the USP was the company’s unique identification of a powerful new cancer treatment developed by a little-known biotech.
Here’s what the cover of the magalog looked like, with the biotech researcher Dr. Jeffrey Miller:
Inside, prospects would find fascinating information about this under-the-radar biotech that’s poised to beat “Big Pharma” at its own game – and how to get similar stock picks as subscribers to Strategic Investing.
I then sent a targeted email series that complemented the magalog. Here’s what the email looked like for Strategic Investing:
Notice that this email has a picture of the magalog featured at the top. It reminds prospects of their direct mail piece….and powerfully reinforces the offer.
I also targeted investor prospects that received the direct mail with digital ads, including Facebook, native and banner ads.
Here’s a banner ad, below:
The banner ad generated curiosity in the offer…and had a powerful premium to entice prospects to click.
Using the strategy shown above, we were able to create a great response for Strategic Investing– generating valuable new subscribers … and profits – for this investment newsletter.
If you’d like to discover more about creating a powerful, potentially award-winning print campaign for your own product or service, give me a call at (310) 212-5727 or email Caleb at email@example.com.
Here are the rest of this week’s articles: